Tour de CLARIN: A Portrait of CLARIN in Germany
CLARIN-D at a Glance
We are very happy that this spring CLARIN ERIC will present and portray the German consortium CLARIN-D during the Tour de CLARIN (April-May).
The following blogposts are available (last update May 25, 2020)
- The overview: The introduction by Erhard Hinrichs (German national coordinator) is online!
- CLARIN-D tools in the spotlight: WebLicht and WebMAUS (Blog post written by Marie Hinrichs and Christoph Draxler, edited by Nathalie Walker, Darja Fišer, and Jakob Lenardič)
- CLARIN-D resources in the spotlight: German Reference Corpus (DeReKo) and German Text Archive (DTA) (Blogpost written by Marc Kupietz and Christian Thomas, edited by Nathalie Walker, Darja Fišer, and Jakob Lenardič)
- An Internship at CLARIN-D (Blog post written by Nathalie Walker, edited by Darja Fišer and Jakob Lenardič)
- Interview with Eva Gredel and Yana Strakatova
Fig. 1: Tour de CLARIN-Tweet, source: https://twitter.com/CLARIN_D/status/1255112295933509639?s=20
What is it about?
Tour de CLARIN is a CLARIN ERIC initiative that aims to periodically highlight prominent User Involvement (UI) activities of a particular CLARIN national consortium. The highlights include an interview with one or more prominent researchers who are using the work of national consortium’s infrastructure and can tell us more about their experience with CLARIN in general; one or more use cases that the consortium is particularly proud of and any relevant user involvement activities carried out. Tour de CLARIN helps to increase the visibility of the national consortia, reveal the richness of the CLARIN landscape, and to display the full range of activities throughout the network. The content is disseminated via the CLARIN Newsflash, blog posts and Twitter.
Tour de CLARIN Brochures Published
Other CLARIN consortia have been portrayed already. At the CLARN ERIC's website you can find the download link or you can order a printed brochure.
Tour de CLARIN, volume I. Edited by Darja Fišer and Jakob Lenardič. November 2018.
Tour de CLARIN, volume II. Edited by Darja Fišer and Jakob Lenardič. November 2019.